SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader 14.06
Languages supported: Arabic, Arabic (France), Belgian Dutch, Belgian French, Chinese (English), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English (Australia), English (South African), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Finnish, French, German, Greek (English), Icelandic, Indian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), Swedish, Swedish (Arabic), Swiss German, Welsh
With improved stability and multiple fixes, SuperNova 14.06 is better than ever. With SuperNova 14.06 you can enjoy added support for magnification with the Microsoft Basic Display Device Driver; TrueFonts and increased choice around video magnifiers with compatibility under Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 now also confirmed with LVI’s MagniLink S.
SuperNova 14.06 is a free update for existing customers of SuperNova 14. Get it from “Check for Updates” in SuperNova’s Help menu, as a download from the Dolphin website or request a DVD from Dolphin or your Dolphin dealer.
Our final release before SuperNova 15, anyone who purchases SuperNova 14.06 now will automatically get SuperNova 15 – which supports Windows 10 – for free upon release.
- FIX: Removed blank screen reader settings tab from touch screen settings
- FIX: Hang on Supernova shutdown
- FIX: TrueFonts/ physical Braille now supported in IE11 in Windows 8
- FIX: Added support for magnification with the Microsoft Basic Display Device driver. A warning message is shown to the user
- FIX: Wasn't tracking screen changes in Windows 7 if all the visual effects were turned off
- FIX: Stopped dolboot from loading on Windows 8 or higher to avoid BSOD
- FIX: TrueFonts. Minor screen corruption
- FIX: Memory leak in Windows 7 when changing theCCTV window position or size
Bookshelf for SuperNova 14.06:
- NEW: Bookshelf Reader now has DOCX support - The reader can now load DOCX, which currently only is available from Load2Learn or through Supernova's File Open in Bookshelf
- NEW: RNIB NTNM is on a new server - More categories and some additional newspapers to subscribe to
- FIX: Bookshelf Reader - Braille display showed link after every line (‘Simplified Document View’ needs to be selected from the ‘Settings’ menu in Reader)
- FIX: Bookshelf Reader – Text in some books set at high Zoom levels would overlap one another
- FIX: Don't show the loading dialog "Reloading content providers" if the main GUI is not visible
- FIX: The user shouldn’t be able to access the content provider list if it's not loaded after a reconnect
- FIX: Magazine downloads should not start if Bookshelf doesn’t have an internet connection
- CHANGE: MTM Legimus API: Long list of categories are now gone. Available categories are now "Min bokhylla" and "Nyheter"
- CHANGE: Inläsningstjänst API: Long list of categories are now gone. Only the user's online bookshelf is now available in the category "Min bokhylla"
- CHANGE: Sentence mark-up on some books - When loading books & news from some libraries, the reader now does sentence mark-up which makes it possible to navigate by sentence. These books often had paragraph markup, which was problematic in certain scenarios. This change is for Bookshare, Bookshare periodicals, NFB-NEWSLINE and MTM Taltidningar.