Vacancy: Web Developer
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week
About the role:
Dolphin is a world leader in assistive technology for blind, partially sighted and dyslexic people with a distribution channel in over forty countries.
We are looking for a brilliant and hardworking developer to join our established development team to develop, improve and maintain our customer facing website, various web based applications and internal web based tools. We want a developer who can understand our user requirements then design, develop, test and maintain software to suit.
3 years’ experience in a web development role preferred.
We are keen to see a portfolio of work.
A good understanding of:
- Apache on Linux as a web server.
We would also be interested to know about your practical experiences and knowledge of any of the following:
- Accessibility – W3C-WCAG
- NPM package manager
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Laravel & Symfony
- Bootstrap (PHP)
- Google Analytics
- Internet Security and data integrity techniques
- Privacy, Cookies and GDPR
- Search Engine Optimization
- GIT source control
- User experience design and usability testing
2.1/1st Class Degree level in Software Engineering, Website Development, Computer Science or similar.
- We are looking for people who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results driven.
- You should seek responsibility, demonstrate effective decision making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative.
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control.
- Communication and team working skills are essential.
- You should be customer focused and demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Be keen to learn, share your ideas and support change.
- Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of our ethos of inclusivity.