Vacancy: Interim Financial Controller
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Temporary Part Time
Hours: 22.5 per week
About the role:
We are looking to appoint an Interim Financial Controller (3-6 months) to be responsible for the efficient running of our finance function. You will be a key member of support the management team and should be proactive, with a strong commercial mindset, able to foster and a desire to grow financial understanding across our business.
You will need to be available immediately and be able to travel to our office in Worcester 3 times per week. You may be given the option of becoming permanent Finance Controller with further opportunities to progress to Senior Leadership Team.
Reporting to our CEO, duties include:
- Manage all accounting operations
- Prepare and publish monthly and annual financial reports.
- Continue to develop our NetSuite ERP system
- Liaise with external auditors on the preparation of statutory accounts
- Cash and Asset Management
- Ownership for balance sheet control and reconciliation
- Develop and monitor departmental budgets and forecasts in association with the SLT.
- Ensure all data, filing and records are kept up-to-date ensuring compliance with statutory reporting and regulations
- Assist in R&D tax relief calculations.
- Financial metric development and analysis.
Skills and experience:
- Full or part qualified (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Proven track record in finance and accounting roles
- Familiarity with Netsuite ERP.
- Prior accounting experience in a SaaS business
- We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results-driven person.
- You should demonstrate effective decision-making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative.
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work and able to concentrate on detail with a high degree of quality control.
- Communication and teamwork skills are essential as you must be able to contribute to cross-functional projects.
- Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of our ethos of inclusivity.