Our products and services make a difference
At Dolphin, we’re proud to acknowledge that the products we develop transform the lives of people with visual impairments. Dolphin assistive technology enables schoolchildren to read textbooks independently, students to write and submit essays, employees to fully engage at work.
We prioritise a good work/life balance
- 23 days paid annual leave, plus national holidays and offices closed between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible and hybrid workplace: you choose which days to work from home and which days to work from the office.
- Convenient central location: close to M5 motorway with free onsite parking.
- Casual dress code
- Workplace fitted to a high standard with good lighting, up to date tech and comfortable, ergonomic furniture.
- We have designated lounge space and meeting rooms for collaboration
- Your desk is your own, allowing you to make use of private storage and setup and decorate the space how you wish. Choose between a regular or standing desk.
We are an open and friendly team
- We build close working relationships with all colleagues, not just those in your immediate team or department.
- We value having fun
- All employees are empowered to work autonomously and to own the outcome
- We offer varied roles with opportunities to get involved in projects and join cross functional teams
- All employees assist with usability testing Dolphin products. Feedback and suggestions on product design are encouraged at all levels.
We are organised and structured
- Clear strategy and 90-day plans
- Fortnightly ‘sprints’ and daily team meetings
- Regular companywide meetings and updates from business owners
- Bi-annual employee survey to gather feedback on the successes of the organisation, and identify where change or further support is needed
- Policies and procedures are maintained by a quality management system in keeping with ISO 9001 standards.
- We focus on constant improvement and innovation of our business – for our employees and our customers.
Passionate about diversity and inclusion
- We aspire to build a company that reflects the diversity of our customers and partnerships
- We are a Disability Confident Employer and we encourage applications from people with disabilities
- We embrace the different cultures of the countries we operate in
- We believe you can be fully committed to your family while having a rewarding career
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Contemporary parental leave policy
- Hybrid working policy and flexi time
Financial benefits and rewards
- Workplace pension scheme
- Occupational sick pay scheme and additional paid time off for appointments
- Annual salary reviews
- Performance bonus and commission schemes
- Long-service awards
Health and wellbeing
- Multiple Health Cash Plan options available for you, your partner and dependents
- We cover costs for routine eye examinations, contact / eyeglass lenses and frames
- On site First Aiders and Mental Health First Aiders
- Workplace Mental Wellbeing policy. We are a signatory to the Mindful Employer Charter.
- Subsidises for all employees that wish to undertake fitness or sporting activities
- Cycle to work scheme
Knowledge, skills and learning
- Developing the knowledge and skills of our workforce drives our organisation forwards. We recognise that skills development keeps us innovative, and gives us a competitive advantage
- We offer in-house training, professional qualifications, apprenticeships and paid study leave.
- Managers hold monthly one-to-one meetings, to regularly discuss professional development objectives.