Open books from your device storage in EasyReader
If you have a book already saved on your device, or on a connected device, then you can choose to open it with EasyReader.
Please note - You can only open books from your device's storage if you are using an Android or iOS 11 device. To open a book from your device's storage in EasyReader, the book needs to be available as either a zipped DAISY (DAISY 2 or DAISY 3), unprotected EPUB (EPUB 2 or EPUB 3), or TXT format.
To open books stored on your device using iOS 11, use the 'Files' app on your device and follow the steps outlined in the topic "Open books from a different app in EasyReader".
To open books stored on your device using an Android device:
- Open EasyReader and display your My Books list
- Select the 'import' button near to the top right of the screen
- Choose where you would like to import the book from. The options will include:
- Downloads - choose this option if your book is in the downloads folder on your device
- External storage - choose this option if your book is stored on the SD card of your device
- Choose a file - choose this option to open the File Manager on your device to browse all available folders
- Find the book you would like to read, then select it. EasyReader will add the book to your 'My Books' list ready for you to open in the Reader
- Note - if you are using the 'choose a file' option, select the icon to the left of the book title, then choose 'Open' from the top right of the screen. EasyReader will add the book to your 'My Books' list ready for you to open in the Reader