Helping Universities to Create Alternative Format Information
Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) is changing and from this September, universities in England need to ensure they’re ready and able to support ALL their learners.
“The higher education institution (HEI) should make any reasonable adjustments that may prove necessary, before DSA funded support is provided to an individual student” www.gov.uk
In practical terms, the government are shifting responsibility from the student to the university and this responsibility includes resource provision. One of universities new responsibilities will be the creation of alternative format materials for learners with dyslexia, low vision, blindness or a physical disability that prevents access to a physical book.
The good news is that there’s no need to panic; Dolphin is ready to make the transition an easy one!
Empower your faculty and library staff to create accessible information for your disabled students with EasyConverter:
- Make Audio, MP3, large print, Braille and DAISY
- Convert Word documents, PDFs, html and many other document types
- 3 Easy steps, no expertise required
- No need to narrate your words, human sounding voices are included
- Unlimited users - Make EasyConverter available on every University PC
- Fully accessible for students or university staff with a visual impairment
Watch our short EasyConverter video:
Afforable Licensing for the Whole University!
EasyConverter is available in 3 university annual licences:
- Unlimited users - £2995
- 10 users - £1995
- Single user - £595
Call us on 01905 754 577 to discuss your university's requirements or email email@example.com.