SuperNova Magnifier 22
The fixes and improvements listed on this web page are available in SuperNova and Dolphin Screen Reader version 22.04. Some features are not available across all SuperNova Editions.
The update to SuperNova 22.04 includes a range of improvements - including essential fixes - to ensure SuperNova remains compatible with the latest updates to Microsoft 365.
Improvements available in the 22.04 update
- NEW: Camera compatibility. The Stellar PK8 camera can now be used with the Connect and View feature in SuperNova.
- NEW: Getting Started. A new welcome screen is now displayed when SuperNova is launched. This screen lists the important hotkeys for using SuperNova on a desktop or on a laptop. The welcome screen opens in the Dolphin Help, so users can also learn SuperNova by searching the user manual, the hotkey list and the help for using SuperNova with a popular application.
- NEW: Map files provided by Adaptech. This improves the experience of using SuperNova with a host of different applications, including Aver TV, Balabolka, Beyond Compare, CDBurnerXP, foobar2000, InfraRecorder, Lingea, Lexicon 5, Millennium, Miranda IM/NG, PotPlayer, PSPad, Qt Application, QTranslate, Sharp Develop, SpeQ Mathematics, Spotify, Swift To-Do List, The KMPlayer, Total Commander and Verdict 2006.
- NEW: Truefonts. Support for web font 'Aptos' in Office 365 applications.
Fixes for the 22.04 update
- Fixes to Connect and View
- Fix to prevent SuperNova from intermittently closing when opening or re-opening the Connect and View feature.
- The option to freeze the viewer is now disabled if the connected camera has its own auto-freeze option built into it.
- The Connect and View feature is now disabled if hardware acceleration is not enabled on the device.
- Fixes to Doc Reader
- Fix to prevent the device going into sleep mode whilst text is being read in the Doc Reader.
- A range of fixes have been applied for appending pages to scanned text in the Doc Reader. This includes fixes to:
- Ensure additional pages are appended correctly when using a scanner or camera.
- Improve the experience of appending a page to scanned text when a camera has not been selected. If one camera is connected to the device, this camera is now automatically used. If multiple cameras are connected to the device, the user is asked to choose which camera to use.
- Ensure the user is correctly returned to the Doc Reader if the ‘Close’ button is pressed when appending a page using a camera.
- Remove the options to append pages using a scanner or camera if either are not connected to the device.
- FIX: Hooked areas
The colour changer is no longer automatically applied to a hooked area created using a shortcut key.
- FIX: Magnification
A fix has been applied to prevent the screen from intermittently blinking when using magnification on a Windows 11 device or on Windows Server 2022.
- FIX: Microsoft 365
A recent update by Microsoft was resulting in the latest versions of Microsoft 365 Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint failing to open when SuperNova 22 was running. A fix for this issue is now available to ensure magnification and speech work correctly in the latest version of Microsoft 365 apps.
- FIX: Mozilla Firefox
A recent update to Mozilla Firefox was preventing people using SuperNova from navigating web pages using the keyboard. This issue is now resolved, ensuring that web pages in Firefox can be navigated and are announced as expected.
- FIX: Multiple monitors
Fix to prevent screen corruption when the screen is duplicated on multiple monitors.
- FIX: New Microsoft Teams Preview
A range of improvements have been made to improve the experience of using SuperNova with the preview version of the new Microsoft Teams. This includes improvements for using the chat, the calendar, sharing files, sharing the screen during video calls and more.
- FIX: Place Markers
Improvements have been made for detecting domain Place Markers to items that appears on multiple or all pages of a website (e.g. a search field that appears on all pages). The improvements mean the place marker is more likely to be detected on different web pages when pressing the quick navigation key ‘A’ to navigate to it.
- FIX: Read From Here
Fix to prevent SuperNova from closing unexpectedly when exiting Read From Here on a web page when multiple tabs are open in the browser.
- FIX: Read text under mouse
Fix for using the read text under mouse feature in a Chrome or Edge. If the mouse pointer is placed on text outside of the web page (e.g. in the address box or one of the buttons in the browser toolbar), the text is now announced as expected.
- Fixes to Scan and Read
- The option to scan text from a PDF and export it to Microsoft Word now works correctly where the original PDF has a low image quality.
- Fix for using the Scan and Read feature to scan multiple pages. If an error occurs on scanning a particular page, that page is now skipped so the rest of the pages can be scanned.
- Fixes to SuperNova Enterprise
- Fix to prevent two mouse pointers being shown on the screen when using SuperNova Enterprise on a virtual environment.
- Improvements have been made to the Enterprise Configuration file to provide more options for technical administrators to configure SuperNova. This includes separate options to disable Podcasts, News and Radio Stations, an option to prevent the new welcome screen from being displayed, and renaming ‘Bookshelf’ to ‘EasyReader’.
- The button and menu options for Connect and View are now removed from the control panel when the cameras and whiteboards options are disabled in the Enterprise configuration file.
- Fix to prevent the screen from flickering when closing SuperNova on a virtual environment.
- FIX: Websites
Fix for using SuperNova on certain websites to ensure checkboxes are announced by the speech as expected.
- FIX: Windows Control Panel
The Default Programs list in the Windows Control Panel is now correctly announced by the speech.
- FIX: Windows Mail
Fix to ensure that the focus can reach any attachments that have been added to a received message. This issue was only present when using the Dutch version of Windows Mail.