New in Dolphin ScreenReader 20.05
The 20.05 update includes improvements for using ScreenReader in Microsoft Word and Windows 11.
Fixes and improvements
- FIX: Devices. A fix has been applied to prevent the computer from closing when connecting or disconnecting an external monitor to a laptop.
- FIX: Microsoft Word. ScreenReader’s speech and braille is now faster to respond in Microsoft Word 2019 and 365.
- FIX: Microsoft Word. The speech now correctly announces items in the Editor toolbar (Spell Checker) in Microsoft Word 2016 and later.
- FIX: Windows 11 File Explorer. The Read Selection hotkey (NUMPAD 1) now correctly announces text selected in the search bar in the File Explorer.
- FIX: Windows 11 File Explorer. ScreenReader no longer stops responding when opening an FTP site through the File Explorer in Windows 11.
Important information for people using Windows 7
Following the release of Dolphin ScreenReader 20, ScreenReader no longer supports the Windows 7 operating system.
ScreenReader may continue to run and function on Windows 7. However, as the product is no longer tested on Windows 7, we regret the Dolphin team is not able to fix issues that occur on devices running this operating system.
Important information for people using Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
The next major version upgrade to Dolphin ScreenReader is expected to be available early in 2022. This upgrade to ScreenReader will not install or run on devices running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.