'Connect & Learn' for Vision Impaired Students
Please Note: Due to current circumstances all hardware is subject to availability. As a result, please be aware our prices may alter. Please call for more details.
Windows Laptop, Tablet, Magnifier & Portable Video Magnifier – All in One
Connect & Learn has been designed for low vision students who need a portable video magnifier and a lightweight windows laptop. Unlike other popular sight loss solutions, there is no compromise. Connect & Learn is all these devices in one solution:
- Digital video magnifier with scan and read
- The world’s best magnification on a full Windows 10 laptop
- 12.3” tablet with intuitive touchscreen magnification
- Whiteboard magnifier
- Accessible book reader
- A portable and lightweight device, with a collapsible stand and carry bag
- 13.5 hours of standard use on battery charge
One Device – a world of learning
Magnify class handouts in real time in lessons. Zoom in for the detail and optimise the colours for best contrast. Use one finger tap to save a picture to add to your document or to aid revision later in the day. Eyes getting tired and struggling to read? No problem! SuperNova scans for text and reads it aloud with just one tap. You can send the text to Word and research online with magnification and speech. Complete your assignment and email it to the teacher. There is no compromise with Connect & Learn.
Designed for low vision students
Connect & Learn has been specifically designed for students with sight loss:
- 6 colour schemes to choose from
- Crystal clear magnification up to 64 times
- Intuitive touch screen magnification with ‘pinch to zoom’
- Scan and Read OCR included
- A choice of human sounding voices
5 Devices in 1
Full productivity for the classroom and home.
- Screen magnifier up to 64x
- Compatible with : Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Browse the web with IE, Chrome or Firefox
- Scan and read ‘tricky’ PDFs
- Connect & View the teachers’ whiteboard – no camera required
- Foldaway, detachable keyboard
- Add a mouse, scanner, printer, in fact anything that works with USB
Magnify the whiteboard.
- Sit anywhere in class - No cameras, no cables
- ‘See’ & magnify the whiteboard, in real time
- Zoom in to see the detail
- Add a colour scheme to boost contrast
- Split the screen - magnified whiteboard and take notes
- Take & save screenshots of presentations
Read the Whiteboard wizard FAQs for schools or colleges adopting 'Connect & Learn'.
Browse and read 1000s of textbooks.
- SuperNova's bookshelf feaure offers direct access to browse and read books and newspapers from:
- RNIB Bookshare (education titles)
- RNIB Newsagent (newspapers)
- RNIB Reading Services (audio leisure reads)
- Synchronised audio and large print
- Free EasyReader app available for students’ iOS or Android phone
What does Connect & Learn include?
- Microsoft Surface Pro (Core i5)
- Surface Pro keyboard/cover
- Wireless Large Print keyboard
- Portable Tablet Stage
- Wireless optical mouse & USB Hub
- Laptop Backpack
- Whiteboard Wizard
- 3 years of Updates and Upgrades to SuperNova
with SuperNova Magnifier £1636 + VAT
with SuperNova Magnifier & Speech £1756 + VAT
"All of the students love Connect & Learn"
“It is providing them with access to the curriculum and helping them develop the skills needed to move on to higher education and the workplace.”
Specialist Teacher for Visually Impaired Children and Young People
Register for the Free Webinar:
Connect & Learn - for education professionals supporting low vision students
Choice of Dates:
Duration: 30 minutes
Book a Video Demonstration
Think Connect & Learn might work for your low vision students?
Why not book a guided tour complete with live video and Dolphin's Dave will answer as many questions you have.
There's no charge and it's super simple. All you need is a phone, tablet or a computer - no IT skills required!
1. Save money with 5 devices in 1
Connect & Learn includes all the features and power of a video magnifier, laptop, whiteboard magnifier, tablet and book reader in one flexible package. So you won’t need to buy a specialist video magnifier AND a Windows laptop – saving funds for other essentials or to support more VI students.
2. Fully accessible - designed for sight loss
Connect & Learn has been designed by people with sight loss, for students with low vision. Magnification & speech (if you choose SuperNova Magnifier & Speech) is available at every step. Plus there’s weekday access to UK product support from our knowledgeable team.
3. Developing skills for higher education and employment
When your low vision learner moves on from school, their Windows 10 & Microsoft Office skills will equip them for higher education and future employment. Plus the Connect & Learn package offers connectivity to external monitors, keyboard, mouse, printer and other office peripherals. Choosing a device that is powered by Windows 10, is up skilling them for their future.
1. Be just like everyone else - Surface Pro
Unlike some specialist low vision magnifiers, Connect & Learn features a mainstream Microsoft Surface Pro. It is not specialist hardware designed for visual impairments, and it won’t make you stand out amongst your sighted peers. In fact, they might be jealous.
2. Portable and lightweight – 1 device instead of 5
Connect & Learn includes all the features and power of a video magnifier, laptop, tablet AND book reader in 1 flexible package. That’s less to carry between classes and while travelling to and from school. Plus it all fits neatly in the sturdy backpack that’s included.
3. More than learning – play games, watch videos and have fun
Take your Connect & Learn home with you and (once you’ve completed your homework!) there’s a world of reading, web browsing, games and videos at your fingertips.
Have you downloaded our free Whiteboard Wizard app?
Empower your low vision students to view and magnify the whiteboard on their laptop.
Download the free Whiteboard Wizard app & your partially sighted students can effortlessly connect to the whiteboard - no cables & no cameras.
Got questions? We've demystified Connect & Learn and the Whiteboard Wizard in our FAQs.