SuperNova 13.56 is a free updates for SuperNova 13.5x and includes:
- Fixes to True Fonts to improve the appearance of magnified text in Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013.
- Magnification fixes provides greater stability in Windows 8.1.
- Focus highlighting more accurately tracks the visual focus when reading documents
- Improved application support for Internet Explorer, Abbyy FineReader, Windows Live Mail and Windows Essentials
- Initial True Font support for Microsoft Office 2013 running on Windows 8.1.
- TIP: Magnified applications look stunning with Dolphin's True Font Technology which even supports vertical, diagonal and spiral text. Press LEFT CONTROL + NUMPAD8 (in the default desktop hot key set) to cycle through the 3 font smoothing options: True Fonts, Standard and None.
- Anti-aliased text and text with shadows are now displayed correctly in Truefonts on Windows 8.
- Fixed a problem where magnification could stop working when launching applications in Windows 8.1.
- Fixed an issue with switching between multiple monitors using a hotkey.
- TIP: With Extended Desktop enabled, press WINDOWS KEY + SHIFT + LEFT or RIGHT ARROW to move applications between monitors. Press CAPSLOCK + MIDDLE MOUSE BUTTON to jump the pointer to the next monitor without losing your magnified position.
- When changing magnification level, your magnified position is remembered more reliably.
- Magnification level adjustments made from SuperNova's Control Panel pull down menus are now applied as expected.
- While reading documents, the colored highlight that draws attention to your position is now tracked more accurately.
- Fixed various Focus highlighting issues in SuperNova screen reader.
- Custom mouse pointers now render correctly when screen colors are inverted.
- Custom mouse pointers are now always visible when running SuperNova on a secure desktop
- SuperNova's default punctuation verbosity has been set to "some" while reading documents. Change spoken punctuation level for: editing, dialogs, menus, Read from Here and Dolphin Cursor from SuperNova Control Panel/Speech menu/Text Style Announcements dialog.
- New default podcasts have been added to SuperNova LaunchPad accessed with CAPSLOCK+F10.
- SuperNova now more accurately reports spaces and line breaks on web pages displayed in Internet Explorer 11
- Fixed a problem where Internet Explorer could crash after opening hyperlinks in Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Fixed a problem where Windows 8.0 Apps could fail after being launched from the Windows Start Screen.
- SuperNova now supports Abbyy FineReader v12
Windows Live Mail
- The Dolphin cursor is no longer automatically enabled in Windows Live Mail edit areas
- When reading messages in Windows Live Mail, SuperNova no longer breaks up text based on quotation marks or spelling errors.
- TIP: You can now use the hotkey CAPSLOCK+Q to access Windows Live Mail's Quick Access Toolbar.
- SuperNova now speaks prompts as expected during the Windows Essentials set-up.