Languages supported: Belgian Dutch, Belgian French, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (Canada), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Finnish, French, French (Canada), German, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish
GuideConnect 1.14 is now available with the following new features, improvements and fixes:
New in 1.14:
It’s now easier than ever to catch-up on your favourite TV shows with GuideConnect. The new ‘TV presets’ option (available in the Websites menu) provides a list of television services available in your country. In the UK, available services include BBC iPlayer, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Netflix and Amazon Prime video. Once you select a TV service, the website for the service will be opened in GuideConnect’s web browser allowing you to browse the available TV shows and play them on the web. Please note – you may need to create an account with each television service before you can watch catch-up TV.
GuideConnect 1.14 is now available in 14 languages. New languages added in the 1.14 release are Canadian English, German and Finnish.
Getting started with GuideConnect is now easier than ever - English speaking versions of GuideConnect now include a host of video tutorials, available to watch any time from the Training menu. Watch the tutorial videos to learn how to explore menus with the keyboard, add contacts to your address book, add a podcast to your favourites, rename a document, save a scanned document and much more. To open the video tutorials, from GuideConnect’s Main Menu, select ‘Tools’, then choose ‘Training’, then choose ‘Tutorial Videos’.
A number of important fixes for Email are included in GuideConnect 1.14. This includes fixes for deleting emails, moving emails to folders, forwarding emails to contacts and signing into BT Internet accounts in GuideConnect. Further details of these Email fixes are included below.
Audio CD fixes
A fix has now been applied to prevent GuideConnect from closing when trying to play an audio CD.
Fixes and improvements for those with a technical interest:
- NEW: GuideConnect is now faster to start up
- FIX: #42781, #42654 – GuideConnect’s voice now pronounces words with apostrophes correctly
- FIX: Crash reports are now sent back to Dolphin as expected
- FIX: #42748 – Fix to prevent an error after attempting to forward an email 4 times
- FIX: #42750 – Forwarding an e-mail, then pressing 1 to choose "type the address" no longer adds the number 1 to the e-mail address field
- FIX: #42300 - GuideConnect no longer displays "failed to delete" if an email has been successfully deleted
- FIX: #42791 – Fix to prevent an incorrect error message being shown when trying to delete an email with a POP account
- FIX: #42710 – Fix to prevent deleted emails from appearing in a different folder.
Moving emails to folders:
- FIX: #42679, #42680 - Moving emails to folders no longer results in the emails being duplicated or moved to an incorrect folder
- FIX: #42681 – Fix now prevents emails from failing to move to folders
Email account settings
- FIX: #42788 – Email folders now display correctly for POP accounts set up via Email Settings
- FIX: #42782 – GuideConnect no longer crashes when switching account settings from an IMAP email account to a POP email account
- FIX: #42620 – GuideConnect no longer displays an error message when using the ‘Test email settings’ option for a POP email account
- FIX: #42643 – Now able to sign into a BT Internet email account with GuideConnect as expected using either the Email setup Wizard or using the Email Account settings
- FIX: #42776 – Re-running the Email setup wizard and restarting GuideConnect no longer replaces the current email settings with old credentials
Other email fixes:
- FIX: #42744 – All relevant actions are now available within Actions menu for the Email INBOX
- FIX: Sender’s address is now printed on supported envelopes as expected
- FIX: #41305 – Surnames are now printed on envelopes as expected
- FIX: #42792 – Printing an address with no State/County no longer causes '1' to be printed in its place
- FIX: GuideConnect’s Italian voices now pronounces the characters í ó correctly
- FIX: #42790 – ‘Learn the keyboard’ now announces the characters typed as expected
- FIX: #42697 - TeamViewer password combinations of letters and numbers are now read a character at a time, making them easier to read to a member of Dolphin’s Support team
- FIX: #42746 – The correct setting is now displayed after changing the border width for the mouse pointer
Books and News
- FIX: #42743 - Books and newspaper settings are now available from the Settings menu