Languages supported: English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Swedish
Languages supported: UK and US English
NEW FOR THE GuideConnect USER
Voice Input- use your voice to:
- Perform accurate, fast dictation in emails, documents and letters.
- Enter log-in details, contact details and titles when searching for books.
- Get answers in websites – ask a question and GuideConnect does a Google Search and takes you straight to the top result.
New Entertainment Menu
- Radio has been renamed Entertainment.
- Inside Entertainment you will now find Radio and another new GuideConnect feature, Podcasts.
- Easily listen to podcast episodes.
- You can add podcasts to a Favourites menu.
- No more wading slowly through lengthy podcasts, with excellent skipping functionality.
- Pauses have been added between what GuideConnect announces in respect of menus, lists and which option is currently selected, to make the announcements clearer.
BUG FIXES for those with a more technical interest
- In single line edit areas CTRL + A now announces all text selected and selects the text.
- You can now use the county field in address book.
- Expand to Fit Option in printing settings for Address Book now prints as expected.
- Scan for text option in actions menu is now available when viewing an image.
- GuideBrowser.exe process no longer remains when GuideConnect has been closed.
- Internet pages were stating “top of page” when pressing the up arrow and “bottom of page” when pressing the down arrow – this has now been fixed.
- Entering text into edit areas now works properly including when setting up a Gmail account.
Tools and settings
- When escaping from typing tutor you now return to the training menu.
- Easily save emails to the drafts folder and you can now edit emails in the drafts folder.
- Users with a GuideMail, POP, Microsoft Live or Hotmail account will find their accounts now work correctly.
- Emails are now stating when deleted.
- When checking for emails, all emails that have been marked as opened are no longer reset to unread.
- PNG, JPG & PDF files now display within Email when sent from another GuideConnect Email account.
- After forwarding an email you can now continue past or escape from the ‘Email sent successfully’ screen.
- When pressing ESC within 'Select from address book' you now navigate to the 'choose recipient' menu.
- When pressed in a document, the Dolphin Home Key on the Dolphin Keyboard now prompts to save.